Hide this page

Sunderland Safeguarding Children Partnership

Drugs and Alcohol

Maybe you or someone you know drinks or takes drugs. If someone you care about is drinking too much or taking drugs, you can talk to someone about it.

Sunderland's Youth Drug and Alcohol Project (YDAP) offer specialist help, advice and support on alcohol and drug related matters for young people, parents and professionals.

People accessing this service must be under 18 years of age and live in the Sunderland area.

In order for a referral to be accepted, the person making the referral must have consent from the young person or parent. Referrals can also be made via the Strengthening Families team.

Targeted brief intervention (one to one or group work) directed at known experimental or recreational users of alcohol and or drugs and also those young people deemed to be at potentially heightened risk and vulnerability.

If you would like to know more about certain substances, follow these links:

Drink Aware

Talk to Frank

Childline website.

OK Rehab

Rehab 4 Addiction


No comments have been left for this article

Have your say...

Your name will be published alongside your comment but we will not publish your email address.

All comments will be reviewed by a moderator before being published.

Please ensure you complete all fields marked as mandatory.